Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Weather

I have thought of many things to blog about lately, but figured I might bore you all to death with my post subjects. So lets talk about the weather. The weather stinks. I am ready to see crispy orange leaves and smell cold air...... but all I have to look forward to in the fall/winter season is the palm tree tops getting chopped off at the mall. I do love the weather here, but my favorite season is Fall and when Sept. and Oct. come around I start moping around about not having a pumpkin patch to go to, and no apple trees to enjoy. If somebody wants to get rid of some leafs, feel free to throw some in a small box and send them to me! The good news is that monsoon season is almost over. Last Wednesday we had what they have said was the worst storm in the past 12 years with winds up to 80 - 100 mph. All I know is that the winds were hard enough outside to rattle the computer desk inside and make me as scared as a 5 year old in a dark basement. I took some video from our bedroom window- I have debated all week about posting it up because it is dark and you can't see much so it does not do it justice- but I'll post it anyway. Don't watch the video unless you watch it with sound!

On Monday we drove 10 miles North of the massive city to a smaller city called Anthem. Anthem has a very nice park and we enjoy going up there every once in a while to feed the ducks and play. I don't know why, but the park up there almost makes me feel like I'm home in Idaho again. I think it is because you can actually smell the grass and the plants there. I am posting up some pictures even though I'm slightly embarrassed that my children are in desperate need of haircuts, and I am very aware of that. But not to worry- haircuts are coming next week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet video Marie! It is way awesome! I am glad you decided to post it!!

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

what a beautiful park! I can see why it reminds you of a nicer climate. and you don't have to put comments of how much your kids need a trim ;) I don't even look for those sorts of things. he he

Jodi Loveland said...

Sometimes it's interesting what you miss when you leave home! We have been away from Idaho long enough that I forget that Fall starts in September. It's still summer to us.
Cool storm footage! We just lived through our first Tropical Storm (Hanna). It really wasn't too bad at our house. The boys were a bit sad when we didn't lose power so they didn't get to use the special flashlights that we had bought just in case.
Nice park!