Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Londwy bask"

There must be something about our laundry basket that Piper loves. Could it be the unusual shape? Is it the way the plastic flexes when you push on it? Or maybe it is just the lingering smell of dirty laundry? Whatever it is.... it is apparently a whole lot better than being rocked to sleep in the rocking chair. That is right folks.... my child is sleeping in the laundry basket. Could there be Mother-of-the-year award in my future????
First of all: I did not come up with this idea in the first place! So, yeah, maybe I SHOULD have folded my laundry right after I got it out of the dryer, instead of storing it on the bed in the laundry basket where it could be easily dumped and used as a bed.... but then Jeremy might not see how much laundry folding work I had ahead of me for the next day! However it started, at least it always ends in sleep.
Clever little Piper knows where I keep the laundry basket and if it is not already where she can get to it, she will ask Rebekah to get it for her. All you have to do is put in a few blankets and a couple pillows and Ta-Da... insta bed! Other than the fact that I really do use my laundry basket, and I do not appreciate laundry dumped on the floor... I am happy there is something that puts her to sleep!
Let me tell you about tonight, for example. I used to rock Rebekah to sleep in the rocking chair and it worked great every night, but Piper does not give up so easily! The second Piper's eyes started to close, I watched in half amusement and half annoyance (like I do on many nights) as she purposely shook her head and wiggled her feet to wake up. I started to face the fact that my sleepy girl was not giving up so easily, as she said "Londwy bask?"... and I headed to the laundry closet. I tucked her in with all her blankets, she smiled, rolled over, and about five minutes later she was fast asleep! And I'm thinking to myself: Ta-da... insta bed!





3 comments:

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

I'm thinking First date material? bust those puppies out if you don't approve of the guy :) sooo cute.

Unknown said...

HAHA.... I think Amanda was thinking of somebody else's blog. hehe.
Piper is SO CUTE! I'd give you a 'mother of the year' award! Hey... whatever gets them to go to sleep right! And as a bonus you have to get your laundry done so she can have the basket! lol

Joyce said...

That picture is so adorable! She probably just feels snuggly and safe in the little bed with sides. So cute! You are a great mom!