Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kitty Friend!



As you can see, the cat that showed up a couple weeks ago has decided to stick around for good. (and we don't mind.) During the first week the cat was around, she would come around in the mornings and leave in the evenings, but there were a couple days she just didn't show up. The second week brought a little more stability- she showed up at promptly 7:30 am for breakfast and stayed until 7:30 at night, every night. The past few days she has pretty much stayed with us 24-7... she has stayed a couple nights with us only wanting to go out in the early morning when Jeremy leaves for work and comes back a couple hours later for breakfast. She is a very patient cat and puts up with that extra love that only a two year old can give. Sometimes I wonder why she sticks around!

We decided to "officially claim" her a couple days ago and put a collar on her (she didn't even wiggle!). We bought some toys and a litter box for her so she won't be needing to go use the bush out front anymore. =) Now all she needs is a good name. Well, she kind of has a name... actually she has 5 or more names... we just haven't settled on one yet. So I decided to reach out to the blogging community and get some ideas! I am putting a survey up of names and want some opinions. Jeremy is very set on the name Sam (short for Samantha), Rebekah likes the name Jaz (short for Jazmine), I like the name Mercedes (because she came out of a parking lot), and Piper just calls her Kitty-buddy.... where in turn, I call her Kitty buddy also because Piper understands that. We have also considered the names: Radar and Stalker.

So throw us your name opinions or ideas with the survey on the left of the screen, we would love to hear them. Although, that won't stop Jeremy from thinking that his name is indeed the coolest one of all. =)

Side note: Just because it bothers me so much.... yes my bedroom was trashed in the following picture. Only because I was working hard to re-organize the girls bedroom so mine got horribly negleted. There, now I feel better.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I voted! I like your name best... though I still like moocher better. :)

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

aww that's neeto that she's a good kitty to you guys, just be sure to take her into the vet soon to just do an overall check up :) Our dog's name is sam (samson cause he's a boy) so I would vote on radar cause I laughed out loud when I read that.