Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm older.

Well, I feel silly blogging about my own birthday, but I wanted to put some pictures up- so here we go.

Rebekah made my birthday extra special by making me some cards with her paper and markers, and she also got Dad to help her with the usual morning routine and reminded him that "it was Mom's birthday so she gets to rest". (my child really DOES love me!)

Jeremy took us flying, on what he likes to call the "Valley Rally"- which is, flying to multiple airports in the area and just enjoying the sites. One of our stops was in Buckeye, AZ and we were able to smell cow manure, which is always nice... in a stinky sort of way.

After our flight, we went across the street from the airport and Jeremy treated me to "birthday cheesecake" at my favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory. YUMMY! We thought about eating the cheesecake at the restaurant, but it was questionable how well behaved Piper would be, and the place was packed on a Saturday night- we got the cheesecake to go. We went back to the airport and ate our cheesecake and opened gifts up in the pilot lounge/lookout. We had the whole place to ourselves so the girls were free to explore and enjoy!

Jeremy really went the extra mile this year in making my birthday special... I think after 9 birthday's together, I am finally rubbing off on him!

If you want to see a larger view of the pictures in the slide show, just click on each one.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun B-day! And now ya got me wannting some Cheesecake!! Thanks a lot!! Love the pictures!

kieran said...

Happy Birthday Marie! It sounds like you had a fabulous time, and cheesecake...yum! I can't believe you don't know what Pooh sticks is. You pick a good looking stick, throw it in the river, run to the other side of the bridge and hopefully watch your stick go by. It keeps my kids busy for hours.

Joyce said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day. I'm happy to see that Jeremy takes good care of you girls. Happy late Birthday. Love, Nann