Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Just my week!

Okay... so much for me to ramble on about, where shall I start? This could be a long senseless post, but I didn't make you get on here and read it in the first place... so enjoy it! First of all, for all of you enjoying the snow in May... my thoughts go out to you... but I have to say that usually in Phoenix by now the temperatures are sticking into the mid to upper 90's and we are LOVING this 85 degree weather!!! We realized last week that we had become true weather wimps... we went down to the pool and we were discussing how cold we actually felt like it was to be swimming... when we came back up I checked the temperature and it was 95 degrees outside... of course it is a "dry heat" though, so maybe there is a difference, I don't know. =)
Next random subject: I guess Jeremy and I are either ambitious or stupid (nobody better make a comment on that!)... We decided to take the girls out to dinner the other night to a little Russian restaurant that we had heard about. The food was delicious and Jeremy said it tasted just like it did when he lived in the Ukraine. It was an eating experience like I've never had, and I look forward to when we will do it again (maybe minus the kids... date night, anyone?) The restaurant was owned and ran by ONLY two people, a husband and wife (the woman's name was Mira and I will refer to her by name so I don't have to say "the woman"), they were so hospitable that we felt we were guests in someone's home. The restaurant was small with only about 7 tables set up and when we arrived the other customers in the restaurant spoke Russian also... I just smiled and nodded whenever someone spoke to me and then I would shoot a desperate glance at Jeremy to help me understand their English through the heavy Russian accent. We ordered Borscht (beet soup... which is a staple in the Ukraine), some perogies, lamb kabobs, and a salad that I really do not know what I was eating... mystery food....but so yummy! Everything was really inexpensive also, so I was able to try a few different things. Rebekah thought we had hatched some plan to torture her with dinner time pay-back and kept asking why we had not taken her to a Chinese restaurant instead! Piper was her natural two year old self... she actually did considerably well, but kept heading toward a table in the corner that was carefully placed with a long white table cloth, nice dishware and very fragile looking goblets... so it made us both nervous and we were trying to keep her attention at our table and not over in the corner. When Mira saw that we were both noticeably embarrassed and frustrated with Piper she said "It's okay, she's just Baby!" with a big smile. A little while later when we were doing more kid-control than eating our food, Mira scooped up Piper with a smile and said "Do you mind I take her? I will show her kitchen so you eat!"- WOW! I've had dinner and a show.... but never dinner and babysitting! Piper enjoyed her tour of the kitchen and since it was not a big place, I could see her the whole time and I was able to focus my attention back to the dinner-torturing of Rebekah.

I had a milestone "trust moment" with Jeremy this week... yep... after I did a really bad hair cut on him three years ago (I mean REALLY bad!)... he has finally let me cut his hair again!- Now if that doesn't say un-conditional love, I don't know what does! HA HA HA!!! When I buzzed his head with a razor a few years back, I kept getting it shorter than intended. I would try to fix my mistakes and I just continued to assure Jeremy that I was doing fine... but then Rebekah walked in and exclaimed "Where is Daddy's hair?".... at that, he jumped up and checked a mirror to see what he had already suspected. Since then we haven't even talked about the idea of me cutting his hair again. But I guess time heals all pain... and he found room in his heart for forgiveness (besides the cost of a haircut probably helped his healing process along.)... I was more careful about how I cut it this time and Jeremy was proud of me for at least getting it even. I was going to give a hair trim to Piper also, but she was moving so much it made me nervous- so Jeremy did it for me... he probably didn't want his Daughter having the same fate as he did three years ago. If anyone takes note... the potted marigolds in the background of the hair-cutting picture are still green and not dead! See?- There really is hope for me after all! (I'm not going to talk about the current state of my big living room plant though!)... let's just say it is by the kind intervention of Jeremy that it is still alive right now. It is a good thing that I have Jeremy around to keep my life stable! Well... I think that is all I had to say for this post. I'm throwing in the last picture of Rebekah just because it scares me how old she is getting! She was just sitting in the front of the car using our iPod and rocking out to tunes looking ever-so cool!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

The restaurant sounded great, and I loved hearing about all the things you were doing.

Tina said...

You are cool Marie!!! LOL. This is a good post!! You make things sound so fun! The restaurant sounds yummy!! And I like the babysitting idea! LOL

Anonymous said...

I bet Jeremy had some serious flashbacks. He really enjoyed his time in the Ukraine. Unfortunatly I cannot say the same about his mother, she was a total basket case!!