Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Autumn in my living room!

A little bit of fall has arrived in my mailbox and landed in my living room, thank you to my good friend, Dee! Dee has lived in Phoenix and knows how it goes when you are missing the fall leaves. Since she has moved back to Kansas, she was kind enough to think of me!!! THANK YOU DEE!

I am going to put some of these in frames for hanging during the fall season. I would like to make other decorations out of them too, but I lack crafty ideas most of the time. If anyone can suggest good preserving or crafting ideas please leave a comment!

Maybe with Winter coming, I'll get a cooler of snow in the mail! Ha ha... or maybe not.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Aw, that was really sweet of your friend! I certainly never thought of sending you leaves in the mail! lol.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you got them or not. Yea, i'm glad they were not all crumbled up. Gracie told her teacher that she has a pin pal from Arizona so you will have to get Rebecka to jot a note down so she can show her class. Gracie will do the same too. I have seen a craft idea in a mag. that uses an orange and the leafs for tail of a turkey and a pine cone for face then adds eyes and a waddle. Cute for Thanksgiving. But otherwise I'm not sure what you can do. Maybe laminate them:)
Dee

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

aww your leaves don't change? sad, I think that would be hard, especially considering that I didn't even think of the fact that they wouldn't-it's just a given. My mom has some backed with fabric in a little shadow box frame about 4 x 6 inches I think. then they just hang from ribbon on a cute sticking out hook think like a drawer pull.