We took Rebekah shopping for Halloween costumes last week. After she walked the isle a few times she decided to be a cheerleader. Everyone that knows Rebekah, knows that she is 98% tom boy (I don't know what happened to the other 2%.) We are lucky to even get a comb through her hair... let alone a barrette or anything fancy! - So Jeremy and I took our time getting out of the store to make sure she wasn't going to change her mind. Of course, Piper wanted to be like big sister, and after Rebekah approved- we hunted down an outfit for her also.
As the night of our ward trunk-or-treat came, I was getting the girls ready for the evening and had the following conversation with Rebekah:
Me: Can I put a ribbon in your hair tonight?
Rebekah: No.
Me: Oh, I thought you might want one because cheerleaders wear them in their hair sometimes.
Rebekah: (annoyed) Mom, I'm not a REAL cheerleader! I'm just pretending!
Always a way to wiggle out of getting hair done! I need a little boy so I can spike his hair!
4 comments:
Haha. She is so funny! She makes a cute tom boy cheerleader!
Marie!! Of course I remember you. I'm glad you left a note on my blog--I'm excited to check in on ya from time to time and see how life is going for one of my old CSI buddies. I'm glad to see that life is going so well for you!!
Yeah Becca, Yeah Piper,
I think that they are the cutest
cheerleaders!!! I want them for my team!!!! As for the tom boy, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm thinking the tom boy comes from Jeremy's side. (a.k.a. Angela). Just think, that girl will handle the boys for Jeremy.
Love, Nann
To answer the comments you left on my blog, the church is on Terri, just above the Education building and Reed's Gym. I've been in Poky for about 4 years, I came to school here after I got off my mission and spent a little time chillin in Rexburg. Deryk and I have only been married just over a year, but we bought a home here, so we'll be here for a while. by-the-way, I thought you were from Oregon...huh, guess not :)
Post a Comment