Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Kittens at Two Weeks Old.




Our Stray cat, who so graciously blessed us with two cute little kittens, has been slacking off lately on her motherly duties and has not been feeding her kittens on a regular basis. She is wonderfully sweet and loving to us and the kittens when she is here. Then, out of nowhere, she will bolt out the door and leave the kittens with no food for 12 hours. We have been bottle feeding the kittens while Miss, I won't be kept down, goes out to play (or more likely, have more babies).


The other night, while my neighbor was walking outside, she called me and told me that she had seen the Mommy cat hanging out inside a neighbors apartment... we had to go inform the neighbor of our need to have the cat back! =)


It has been fun to feed the kittens though, and has been a neat experience for the girls. The kittens are two weeks old in the pictures and video.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh they are so cute!!!! I wanna bottle feed one!!!! Who knew that animals could be horrible neglectful mothers too! Makes me feel like a good mom.... at least I feed my kids... oh wait... "Kids... time for lunch!"

Romy said...

I saw a pregnant cat on monday and made me think of your blog. The kittens are adorable.

Joyce said...

Sounds like that stray ought to be "fixed" so she can't have more kitties. I'm glad you are there to take care of them.

steph said...

soo cute! They are quite a bit of work, but oh so worth it right?

Unknown said...

From Anna!
Yes!! I bottle fed my two kittens from when they were first born and it is soooo fun! Although it took me forever to get use to there high pitched cries....