Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It isn't my fault... it was probably just bad dirt.



Okay everybody.... my sweet husband, Jeremy, would be the first to tell you (with a funny grin on his face) that I CAN NOT keep any kind of house plant alive. Our Cactus... I killed it. Our Bamboo... I killed it. Our bleeding heart hanging out on our front deck.... dead as a doornail... after I got to it. We were vacationing in Las Vegas a few years ago when Jeremy pointed to a plant outside of the hotel and exclaimed "Take a picture of that honey, we never see living plants at home!" HA, HA. =) So a couple weeks ago I found a live plant that I wanted to put in our living room and it did okay for the first week... then it started not looking so good, maybe I was watering it to much, maybe not enough- I do not know! My friend gave me a few re-potting tips so today that is what I tried. Hopefully my plant looks better in the next week or two, and if anyone has any ideas for me to help my plant out- please feel free to leave a comment! Also, last week in Nursery, Piper got some Marigold seeds so I let the girls put them in a pot. Piper was very upset that I would not let her bring the pot inside when we were done and she stood on the deck for about five minutes pouting about it... poor thing. =(

2 comments:

Tina said...

If the leaves turn yellowish then you are watering it to much. If they turn brownish and dry.. then not enough! LOL.... GOOD LUCK! :D I'll be praying for the life of your dear plant... nothing should suffer so! HAHA

Anonymous said...

I would say to water once a week and about a cup or so, kinda depends on the size of the plant but give that a start. Also test the plant to see if it is dry by sticking your finger in the plant. If it is wet up to your first knuckle then no water, if dry then water. If the plant is outside in that hot AZ weather you may want to water more and check it more. As for the marigolds don't let them dry out while trying to start them from seed. Just keep them somewhat wet. And give them sun to grow. Good luck!! Girls look like they are having lots of fun so if the plants die at least you know they wont mind to plant more:)