Okay folks... just to clarify, this is not me complaining about my kids. It is me, telling about my experience with my kids, so that all the other mothers can smile and feel like better Moms! Dyeing these Easter eggs was harder than it looks in these pictures... especially when you've got a tired two year old on your hands (and apparently a hungry one, too.) Piper has what I will call... a bath time fetish... she will ask for a bath at least 2 to 3 times a day, if she hears water running from the direction of the bathroom, she starts stripping her clothes off and heading for the tub... sometimes when it is quiet, I find her just sitting in the tub with her clothes on, playing with her tub toys. I have to wonder about her sometimes. So, the night comes to dye the eggs and Piper is taking a bath. I took her out of the tub sooner than I usually do, so I guess she felt jipped with bath time and she REFUSED to put any sort of clothing on (yes, this means a diaper or training pants)... when I did successfully put clothes on her (3 times) she would take it off 5 minutes later. Well, I didn't want her running around the house naked, so I put her in her bed and told her she had to stay there if she wanted to be a streaker. Can anyone guess what happens next? Oh yes... 10 minutes go by and I hear crying accompanied by "gucky!", "gucky!".... well... she got more bath time after that.
Through this whole episode with Piper, which I'm sure my blood pressure was rising, I had told Rebekah she could open the boxes of food coloring, but to wait for me to help pull the little bottles out of the box. As I'm throwing soiled bed sheets in the washer I hear Rebekah yelling "My hand is red and it fell on the carpet!".......... now....... I LOVE my girls, and life would be boring with out them.... but maybe pushing that kind of activity so close to bed time was bad judgment on my part. None the less... we made it through and had a lot of fun doing it! Although Piper just skipped coloring her egg, cracked it on the table, shelled it, and had a snack. Hope you all enjoy our pictures and video! (the video ends strange because the batteries ran out...just didn't want you thinking that Jeremy was cutting Rebekah's camera time short on purpose!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
HAHAHA. Too funny!! Piper is certainly a mind of her own! What a cutie!!
That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luv, Adam
Post a Comment