Monday, July 27, 2009

Idaho, Week 2

My second week up North, and first week in Idaho started out with a nasty cold. I pretty much just hibernated in a sleeping bag for a couple days. I think I only emerged from my basement cave twice. Once, to go see Dr. Richardson for eye drops, because I was pretty sure that on top of my other pains, a red itchy eye was going to cause my death. The second, was when we went over to visit Grandpa and Grandma Smith. I thought I felt good enough to do it that night, but I ended up curled up sleeping on their couch for most of the night. (Thanks for not waking me up!) ;-)

Rebekah is a really good big sister to Piper. She helped her get dressed when I didn't feel like I could help.



By the middle of the week I was feeling well enough to at least crawl out of bed and smile. Tina came to visit (because I know she missed me a lot in the two days after I had left her house.) We spent Wednesday and Thursday mainly making jewelry with buttons and letting the kids get creative with play dough. I'm not a very patient person with crafty stuff, but Tina always knows how to pull me into it!


Chocolate Play Dough



We spent a lot of time playing with buttons!


I'll confess that I ate ice cream probably twice a day while I was there!!! Maybe more! When I take a vacation... I TAKE a vacation!!! Here is Piper enjoying some also!


On Friday, Tina and I took the kids up to our family reunion. We had a lot of fun!








Saturday was the 4Th of July. We took the kids to the parade and went out to their favorite fireworks stand with the slide! Afterwards, they made festive t-shirts provided by my crafty sister!







That evening we went up to the fairgrounds to watch the fireworks close up! I have not been up there since Jeremy and I were dating, so it was a great treat! We ran into our friends, the Rowans while we were there and I really enjoyed visiting! The only down-side of that weekend was something that I brought upon myself. I decided to pack very light since I'm over cautious about the weight we can pack in our airplane. I decided to only bring my flip-flops and no "real" shoes, Jeremy told me several times that I should pack more stuff, but I insisted that my one pair of "shoes" would be fine. I didn't plan on the kind of wet and cold weather that Pocatello had that night! My feet FROZE! (it made forgetting to pack my jacket seem so minor, haha.) I was to cheap to buy real shoes so I suffered. Besides, I didn't want to pack extra shoes home anyway. =)

Rebekah is the lump under the blanket.

Piper fell to sleep just minutes before the big fireworks finale. I now suspect that my child might be able to sleep through a war.


There, you have the very basics of week #2. Two posts down and... a lot more to post! Keep checking back!

1 comment:

Tina said...

AH... fun memories! It was a great week... but definitely a tiring one!