I've really debated putting this story up here, but I have had a couple people suggest it would make a good post. I think it is more for my memories sake than for anyones humor... I do a better job at journal keeping on this blog than anything else. Also, since it is past my bedtime, as it often is when I really let loose on the blog, I can write about this now in my silly frame of mind and regret it in the morning when I re-read it!
So a bit of background before I share about the moment that caught me speechless. Jeremy and I have been watching the T.V. series Heroes on the internet. We always watch it after the girls have been tucked in bed and on those nights, we let Rebekah listen to music with headphones because the music kind of freaks her out.
So here is the story- the other night we had taken the girls down to the pool to swim and we had come up later than planned. I had asked Rebekah several times to go wash her hair and get her pajamas on. When she ignored my 2nd or 3rd request I said "Rebekah, I've asked you already to get in the bathtub and it is past your bedtime. I need you to do that for me now, because we had fun as a family and now Mom and Dad need to have time together by ourselves."
I quickly regretted saying this when Rebekah looked at me and with a very matter of fact tone in her voice, replied "Why? Because your going to do stuff that I'm not supposed to see!?"
At that moment I was completely taken by surprise and could not think up a quick response. Jeremy teases me that I looked like a deer caught in the headlights (which I don't think is entirely true!) and he says that he could have cut the tense silence with knife. (that part, I will agree with.)
But lucky for me, I married a man with a calm demeanor when faced with a challenge! Jeremy, without skipping a beat, enthusiastically said "We're going to watch Heroes, do you want to stay up and watch with us?"
Rebekah then quickly lost the accusing tone in her voice, declined on the offer, and escaped to the bathtub.
Jeremy and I had a good laugh over it.... and just because I know what you are all thinking - Yes, we actually DID watch Heroes that night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That is a great story. Chad would have said something innapropriate and I would have died of embarassment. Good job Jeremy.
HEHEHEHEHE..... aren't kids the best
Out of the mouth of kids. You just have to love Rebeckah for that one!!! I think that you need to copy off the blog and save it so that when she gets older you can show it to her. I love you all!! Nann
Post a Comment