Sunday, April 26, 2009

Goodwill Hunting

Hello. My name is Marie and I am a recovering Goodwill shopper. The first step is to admit my problem. What is the problem, you ask? Well.... sometimes I get lost. Sometimes I get lost for hours at a time. I tell my husband I'll be back in 45 min., but deep down he knows he won't see me for two hours. Still... he lets me go. And THEN it happens!!! I spend like MAD! Roaming the isles over and over for great savings! Sometimes I leave with only a spending total of $1.76.... but other times I slap down the 20% discount coupon and I uncontrollably spend $7.98!!!

Just when I think I'm doing good, just when two weeks have gone by with no temptation... the bi-monthly half off sale pulls me back! .............. THEN......then it happens....Bonnie calls. Bonnie offers a ride.... even company in the face of crazed Saturday morning shoppers...and I just CAN'T say no!!!

So I go.... telling myself I will only look at the kids' clothes. But I always stray from the clothing rack. Always.

BUT LOOK AT SOME OF MY FAVORITE DEALS!!!



Melissa & Doug responsibility chart: retail $25.00..... I paid $2.50

Name brand shorts: retail $15-24.00.... I snatched em' up for $4.00 a piece.

Wedgits blocks: retail $20 for 15 piece set.... I paid another whopping $2.50 for 10 pieces.

Discovery toys peg board: retail $18.50 plus shipping on Discovery website. Can you say ONE DOLLAR????

Ode to my commode: Dressing up the John in the girls' bathroom helps to keep it looking nicer! (that's for you my dear Father). $2.00 for the seat cover and wire basket on top!

AND LAST.... but not least......

How can I forget the Christmas tree?

I need a hobby. I need to move far away from Goodwill. I need to go somewhere where I can't see the half-off signs.

My name is Marie, I'm a hopeless Goodwill shopper. I don't disappear for that long.... in fact....nobody even misses me when they are all playing computer games together. Next time I go, I'll just look at the kids' clothing. Baby steps.... baby steps.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Marie, you are such a comic! Seriously, you should write a book!

Krista said...

Chad is addicted to the DI. We finally broke him of the habbit when he decided to work 40 hours a week and do grad school. That leaves him no time for rummaging. However, I can see his eyes light up when I talk about yard sales....You crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Marie, you have a neat sense of humor. I gotta love ya. Oh, and by the way if you need to move away from there, we always have room up here. Love, Nann