I know that Easter was almost two weeks ago, but better late than never, right?
Our Easter weekend was full of activities and fun. I helped out on Saturday at the Stake primary activity which was a lot of fun- I got to help the kids make sheep with cotton and plastic eggs- it was sticky!!! But great to see what the kids came up with.... like cute little "alien sheep"........ oh, those sweet creative minds........
My biggest accomplishment of the weekend: I managed to boil 18 eggs and not mess up a single one! Don't make fun of me, I was excited! I also decided that I didn't want plastic Easter grass all over the floor until the Fourth of July, so we made our own "grass" out of paper shreds.... I was surprised at how long Rebekah sat there and willingly did it with me! I also didn't want to dig the Easter baskets out of the bottom of storage and I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on new ones, so we went to Goodwill and found some baskets to decorate ourselves- the girls' really thought that was cool. I think we enjoyed our time together getting the baskets and grass ready, more than anything! By the time we got to the egg dying, it was late and we were all really tired so we weren't horribly creative... the girls were more excited about putting the sticker faces on the colored eggs. I don't have a good picture to put up of egg dying, and for that matter, I don't have many pictures of Easter in general. But I took some pictures of the girls being really silly the day after Easter, so I threw the pictures all in the same slide show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
That was a great idea to let the girls decorate their baskets! I love to use shredded paper instead of that awful plastic grass. Much neater!
Marie,
It has been so fun to read through your posts. Your storytelling is so enjoyable. What a great idea to use shredded paper. I am interested in those sheep eggs though, do you have a picture or instructions.
Post a Comment