Sunday, March 8, 2009

When life hands you lemons: get some recipes!



Yay! Spring is in the air! THIS is my favorite time of year in Phoenix! Although I get sad in the Autumn here because... well, there is none... I look forward to the months after the holidays when the weather is enjoyable and the smell of orange trees is in the air! And... citrus in Phoenix is like zucchini in Utah (at least that was a good comparison I heard)- you don't go buy it when you can get boxes of it from your neighbor! And, that is just what we did! I've got plenty of good ideas in my head of what these lemons will go into, but I would really like some recipes for food or lemonade that I can make now and freeze or save well through the summer. If anyone has a "tried and true" recipe that they would be willing to share, please do!

On another note that has nothing to do with everything, Rebekah had a school program the other night and she got to show off some art work she had done! I did get a video, but I think I'm missing the program I had that makes the video's smaller... whatever it is, blogger keeps choking on the video loads. I'll figure it out (just like I said I would in the last two posts)..... or maybe I should say that Tina will figure it out when I call her with my computer questions. That is really how it usually works.

Rebekah's chalk drawing of Dr. Suess' Cindy Lou Who.

6 comments:

JLove said...

Absolutely love the lemon picture. And Rebekah just looks to grown up in all of them. Love to All.. Mom

Krista said...

Wow! I would love to be able to have lemons and oranges in overabundence. What great pictures.

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

I LOVE ya Marie! So much that I took down my rude comments! (even though they weren't that rude... but you understand... nobody else will... but that just makes it even funnier!) LOVE the Lemon photo!! Well done!

Joyce said...

Just juice the lemons, put the juice in ice-cube trays and freeze it. Put the cubes in freezer bags. Then, anytime you want some juice, just thaw out a cube! It works!