Saturday, March 14, 2009

Syler ALMOST got me!

Well, I couldn't miss the opportunity to do a post and show off my battle scar that I received today! I wish I had a really cool story to tell to go along with the huge scratch dominating the right side of my face. But, what really happened was just that the cat fell on me.


Piper and I were laying on our stomachs in my closet admiring Daddy's newly shined shoes when the cat jumped up on the dresser above me. Something spooked her and she fell off the dresser with all claws out. I guess my head was in her way. ouch!

So, here is what gets me laughing when I look at it- Jeremy and I have been watching the T.V. series "Heroes" on the internet over the past couple months. For anyone who hasn't seen it, there is a character named Syler who takes others' "special abilities" by cutting open their head. Usually all you see is a big uneven cut across the victims' forehead before it moves to another scene. So, Jeremy brought to my attention that the scratch down the side of my face looks like Syler tried to get me, and missed. We both think it is hilarious, but then again we are a couple of dorks. (COOL dorks, might I add- just in case you were tempted to comment about that.)

The only downside of it is that it has scared every child that has looked at me, including my own child! When Piper got a good look at it, she said "scary owie" and ran over to hide behind Daddy's leg! I received the same response from my friends' kids when I went to her house to pick some things up. Jeremy recommended that I stay home while he went to pick Rebekah up from school, so that I wouldn't "scare the children".... the sad thing was that I fully agreed! =) Hopefully it starts looking a little better by Sunday!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Chad and I love Heroes. We are almost done watching season 2. It does look pretty bad.

Tina said...

HAHA.... that scar is horrible! I love it! You should have made up a really cool story for it... maybe fighting a cougar off your deck or something?