Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thanks for the ice cream! =)

I just wanted to post something up here for my great hubby because last night he put himself through soggy misery for me! I was a victim yesterday of my dental surgeon and spent the day on serious pain killers while Jeremy took care of our girls and the house cleaning for me. I guess I was in denial and I figured I would be fine after my appointment to eat regular foods... but much to my disappointment I was told I could only have soft foods for the entire next week- so I didn't have much soft stuff in the fridge which left Jeremy with another task to do..... WAL-MART!!!! Since he didn't want to take on a Wal-Mart trip with both of the girls (can you really blame him??) he put them to bed, and then headed out to the store. I was curled up on the couch kind of zoning in and out of reality as he left and after about 5 min. I was startled awake by the loud boom of thunder and pelting rain from a monsoon. Monsoons generally are not something that you want to be out in, and last nights was no exception.


It put down 1/2 inch of rain in a half hour, flooded roads, and left part of the city without power (thankfully we kept power.... Heavenly Father heard my prayer!) I was most concerned of the roads flooding and being closed, or worse, the car getting stuck in the rain (note: the picture with this post is of my car two years ago- the first monsoon season that we lived here and I obviously didn't have a clue. My car was towed out of the puddle by good people who also gave me a ride home.) Anyway... to make a short story long..... Jeremy rushed through Wal-mart and made it home safe... and soaked! When I sent him with my wish list of soft foods, I left off my much loved ice-cream because I didn't feel we needed to spend the extra money and I had already asked for a lot of cottage cheese. But when soggy Jeremy got home, he brought me ICE CREAM!!!! Ahh.... I know I'm cared for when I get ice cream! =) Anyway... just wanted to give Jeremy the credit he deserves for putting himself out in a storm he shouldn't have been in, and bringing back ice cream too!!!!! I love you Jer! =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Anna) Auuggghh!!! I didn't know the water got that high!
Jeremy brought you icecream! How nice!
When I had my surgery I lived off of icecream! I was starting to think that it wasn't that bad cuz I had icecream!!
So did you have the surgery then?

Tina said...

Awww! What a great guy! Way to go Jeremy!!!!!!! Glad he got you ice cream for your ouchy teeth!! And even in the rain! YEAH JER!

Anonymous said...

Marie,I am happy to hear that Jeremiah(Jeremy)was good to you in your time of need. He has a heart of gold. I say that guy needs a Gold Medal!!!! And Marie get feeling better. Love, Mom (Nann)