Friday, August 8, 2008

Breakfast in Payson, AZ

This post is a few days over-due and Jeremy keeps asking if I've put up the pictures yet, so I thought I better get it done today- Besides, I should be cleaning my home.... but where is the fun in that?
Our plane has been in the maintenance hangar for 8 weeks now, under-going it's yearly "check-up".... and we are so happy that we finally have it back after a couple false finishes and a few-lots-of-thousands-of-our money that is now gone...... (ugh... recorded political phone messages mess up my blogging thoughts... where was I?) Okay- so we got the airplane back with a seal of approval from the FAA that we shouldn't die in it this year from any mechanical problems. Jeremy has wanted to take us to a restaurant in Payson, AZ for a while now- so we decided to go out for a celebratory breakfast last Monday morning! My only complaint of the restaurant was that the pancakes were so good that I don't think Rebekah will ever eat mine again!

I hope you enjoy the two videos I posted below.... the first one, though I learned how to do some cool stuff with the program- was a pain in the NECK!!! After the program froze on me at near completion and the blogger site would not accept the video until I copied it else were on the computer.... I was finally able to put my video on the blog for all to see- and this, for me is a huge accomplishment seeing as how I get so frustrated with computers! Now that I watch the video again... It could be much better... but I'm not going to re-do it now! It is only a 2 min. and 20 sec. video, not 3 1/2 like it says.... just have to stop the video yourself or it will keep playing on a blank screen.- also, pause the music on the left side of the screen to watch. The second video is of Rebekah while we did a "wallet floaty"- in other words... Jeremy idled back the power on the plane and dropped the nose down to create zero gravity and weightlessness. If you ask any pilot, this maneuver is safe... if you ask me, it is just plain freaky and questionably "safe"! I hope you enjoy the videos and please comment because you may never see a video like this on the blog again! =P

2 comments:

Tina said...

Cool Video Marie!!! I love it! Rebekah sure liked the wallet thing... lol.. she is funny! You took some really nice picts too!!

Anonymous said...

I just love to hear Rebekah laugh. I really miss seeing all of you. I know that all of you are enjoying the nice warm weather and being able to fly! Love, Gramma Nann