Wednesday, June 11, 2008
My first X-ray experience........ and then second!
Today was X-ray day! It was fun... maybe too fun...... maybe SO fun that I would just rather forget it tomorrow like it never happened fun! Uh... ha ha... okay, so here is how the day panned out. I had a doctor visit this morning which went great, the Dr. checked out some pain I've had in my knees, he referred me to phys. therapy and sent me over to have X-rays on them. So I had my very first X-ray today! After my monumental first-of-my-life X-ray we went home, ate lunch and all the fun stuff that goes with it. Then............. the girls got into somewhere they shouldn't have been and pulled out our container of spare change and decided to dump it on the floor, of course they were in the process of cleaning it up when Piper stuffed a handful in her mouth and started choking. I quickly flipped her over and started attempting the heimlich on her (At least what I remember of it. I'm thinking tonight I should probably re-certify my first aid.) she eventually swallowed the money and was in obvious pain. I called the pediatrician and they set us up an appointment which was followed by a second trip to another X-ray lab!!! Piper managed to successfully choke down two coins (the value of which is still to be determined) and lucky for her... they did make it all the way to her stomach! So now I will always remember today as the day that I really learned what goes on in an X-ray lab! (And we can say that Piper is worth more now.... even though she is priceless!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That is too bad. I'm sure she will be fine. You have such a candid side it is fun reading your posts. I started a blog spot too. I've been meaning to do it for some time but just now getting around to it. It is http://deesstory.blogspot.com I don't know much about it yet. How do you put a slide show on?
It has been such fun keeping up with your life on your blog. You do a good job keeping it updated! I hope I can do 1/2 as good:)
HAHA... Glad your priceless girl is worth more than she was yesterday morning! HAHA.... at least until the change comes through the return! HAHA!!!
Post a Comment