Wednesday, June 4, 2008

In Loving Memory



Piper’s Marigolds wilted May 20, 2008 at the Smith's household deck in Phoenix, AZ after a long battle with a forgetful caretaker. The untimely wilting came due to sudden 108 degree temperature, followed by the desperate attempt to keep them alive that ultimately resulted in drowning. Not even Miracle-Gro could save them.
Some of the Marigolds’ most enjoyed activities during their short life, involved baking in the sun and breathing that not-so-fresh city air. They will be greatly missed by those who had hope for their blooming.
The Marigolds are survived by the living room plant and the fake, but not brown, plant in the dining area.
The dumping of the dirt will be held on June 9th at an early gathering near the East dumpster of the family residence in Phoenix, AZ.
Any Friends or Family wishing to send condolences for the wilted may do so on the family blog.

7 comments:

JLove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JLove said...

Deepest sympathy on your loss. Although unable to attend, my thoughts and prayers will be with you. Please express my deepest heartfelt understanding and love to Piper and Rebekah. Grandma

Tina said...

You are so funny Marie! Try not to cry at the dirt dumping! Chin up! Some day you will learn how to keep a plant alive! HAHA

Anonymous said...

not to worry young Piper, the innocent killing of plants runs in the family. Grandma Smith is renowned for her murderous skills and she passed this along to me. However, it is still nice to see we will always have something in common. Angela

Anonymous said...

TO THE SMITH FAMILY:
GRANDPA KIM AND GRANDMA NANN, WOULD LIKE TO EXPRESS THEIR SINCERE
SYMPATHY ON THIS OCCASION. SINCE WE WILL NOT BE ATTENDING THE DUMPSTER EVENT, WE ARE IN HIGH HOPES THAT MARIE WILL GO AND GET ANOTHER FLOWER TO REPLACE THE MARIGOLD FOR LIL PIPER. OR IF YOU WOULD RATHER WAIT UNTIL YOU COME UP I WILL TAKE YOU TO GET ONE. ( A LITTLE BRIBERY NEVER HURTS.) LOVE, GRAMMA NANN
P.S. I NEVER DO PLANTS IN ON PURPOSE. THEY JUST DON'T LIKE ME,
WHAT MORE CAN I SAY. XOXOXOXOOXOXO

Anonymous said...

My condolences on the poor plant...It sounds like Piper's had a rough week...Get her a new plant and some chocolate always helps...I love your guys sense of humor!!! Lynnette

Anonymous said...

Marie!! We really are sisters!! (Both my mom and I can't keep anything like that alive)
All though my sorrows go out to your family and I can't come....gas prices a little high...I guess everyone even cute little Piper will have trials to endure!
I was wondering are you going to bury it or burn it? Oh wait it already is burned....
=)=)=)=)