Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pictures of our house!

WE CLOSED ON OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!    I have so much to tell about the last 6 months, I do not know where to start.   We put an offer down on this home June 28, 2011 and received the keys Dec. 28, 2011.... it was exactly 6 months to the day!  However, we didn't TECHNICALLY close until Dec. 29th because.... well... here is how it happened in a very small nut shell

Yesterday we woke up not even knowing if the home was going to pass the second appraisal and we were coming close to a very important deadline.  We had spent the day before (Tuesday) a little down and stressed out about the looming deadline and the fact that the phone didn't ring all day (we were waiting for that magical phone call).........

Dahhhh.... I really don't know how to tell this story like I want......

The magical phone call came at 9 a.m. Wednesday morning and we received the great news that the appraisal went well and we could finally close (we had already postponed closing for over a month so that the sellers could arrange a place to live...as they were short selling it to avoid foreclosure, and THEN it was postponed another 2 weeks because there was a mistake in the first appraisal)  anyway back to my confusing saga, after we found out the good news of the appraisal, we planned to do a walk through that evening, sign papers the next day, and pick up the keys on Friday at best.

At 4 p.m. we were driving over to the house for the walk-through when the title agency called and asked if they could just meet at the house and sign papers there.  That sounded fine, so we planned for it.  We did the walk-through with our real-estate agent while the sellers signed paperwork.   Over the past 6 months we have had the opportunity to have a unique relationship with the sellers-  the day we looked at the home we spent some time visiting with them, and later they called our agent and said that if they had to sell their home they wanted it to go to our family, which opened a door for us to put in an offer without competing with other buyer offers, which would have most likely been higher. (this was a short sale house, so I hope this all makes sense!)   Anyway, back to what I was saying: When we were ready to sign our papers with the title company the seller asked if he could give us the keys.  We shook hands, said Thank Yous and the seller left their home for the last time...... as you can image... it was a moment I will remember for a long time.  I regret that I did not have the camera, but I had not planned on closing on a house that night.   After a while, our real-estate agent had to leave for another appointment, so it left us and the title agency loan signer, signing away on the million papers in an empty house.  When we had finally conquered the mountain of paper work, the loan signer packed up the papers, reminded us to wire funds in the morning,  and told us to enjoy our new home and to remember to lock up on our way out that night.  It was very surreal....   

That is why I said that we didn't "technically" close on the 28th, because although we had the keys.... it was not "officially" closed  until the 29th when we sent them our money (Isn't it a GOOD thing we sent that money???) 

Any who, not long after Jeremy and I were left standing in our new house with keys, staring at each other in disbelief that it had finally closed.... Rebekah came up and asked what keys I was holding, when I told her they were the house keys, I think she almost started to cry and she gave me a HUGE hug exclaiming her love for us.  It was a very warm fuzzy moment.

So was that a million paragraphs when I said that I would just post pictures?   Yep, it was.  Oh, and just for the record.... the answer is "No".... we will never buy another short sale house again.  And I don't recommend you do either unless you are fully prepared for the emotional torment of your life.  

Without further rambling..... here are specs. and pictures, I forgot to get one of the front of the house, so I'll do that very soon.

4 Bedrooms, 2 1/2 Bath
2,270 Sq. Ft (including garage)
Built in 1974
Located on corner cul-de-sac lot



I should have removed the stuff from the island.... that might have looked nicer. =P

My favorite parts of this kitchen: the double oven.... and....

.....this kitchen faucet!  The faucet of my dreams. =P


Dining area with a very fancy table.

Living/Family Room







Laundry room leading out to garage, and front doors that I
look forward to replacing in the future! ;-)

Replacing the locks, and enjoying it a little
too much!


Obviously this was a huge selling point.  Two water features, a built in
table, and lights in the water that change color.  Rebekah wants to have a
pool party now, despite the cooler weather.

Oh, and Yep, we will have a fence built around the pool by
the time we move in.  We might be crazy,
but we are not stupid. ;-)

The "Sacrificial Tiki Tiki Barbecue pit"..... at least I think that
is what my Father called it...

RV area..... for our imaginary RV.

3 comments:

Tina said...

It looks gorgeous Marie!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am slightly jealous of the pool... but I will get over it by reminding myself we live in Utah and get snow half the year :)

sweets said...

Congrats! have your own house is the best!

Anonymous said...

Kim and I get the RV parking spot.Oh, by the way is there any shade? We are going to have to come down!