Saturday, September 24, 2011

Do you ever just get so behind on your blog that the thought of it overwhelms you to the point that you go fold laundry? Me neither. But I obviously have been a little behind in my blogging. Truth be told, Rebekah reads the blog often now, so I have a hard time writing about things like..... my TRUE feelings about the two beta fish we brought home a couple months ago (the same two fish that Piper constantly prays will live forever.)

Also, I get a little discouraged because there are many videos that I would love to post on the blog,  but I have to stop being lazy and install some driver back onto the computer before I can do that.  So without further excuses, here is the typical bunch of pictures that kind of covers the last few months.  And maybe since I have these pictures posted and out of the way, I can blog about more current activities!


Great Grandma Loveland playing with Teigan while we visited Idaho in July.
Rebekah getting a ride on the 4-wheeler with Grandpa Kim.
I love this picture!  Piper is so unenthusiastic.




So... this picture has a story behind it....


While I was in Idaho, my Dad and I went to get a gallon of milk.... really, it was a major excuse to go for a ride on the motorcycle after the kids had gone to sleep. After taking the LONG way to the store, and the LONG way half-way home, we made a stop in the church parking lot and left the all-important jug of milk sitting on the sidewalk while I got a crash course in getting back on the horse, so to say. After taking a little biff on my own motorcycle 6+ years ago, I didn't exactly get right back on and the longer I didn't ride, the harder it was to do it again. Eventually we decided to sell our motorcycle because we had no use for it in Phoenix (to many freeways, and to little cc) .... anyway... we get to the church parking lot, and I'm informed that I'm going to ride it, myself. I honestly didn't think I would get farther than 5 feet before I dropped it on it's side, considering it is a 1200cc bullet bike. Much to my surprise, I actually did not drop the bike, nor did I run into any parked cars, run over my father, hit a lamp post, or swerve into any small children. Bonus points for me. I did, however, spend well over an hour doing figure eights in the parking lot. Granted, I never really got it out of first gear, BUT, this was still a big deal for me. I finally got back on a motorcycle, which has been a regret sitting at the back of my mind for 6 years. Yay me.  Anyway, the picture was taken at two o'clock in the morning (like I said, the kids were all sleeping) and  so I look a little bit wind-blown and tired.



Oreo wearing the coat that Rebekah and Grandma Loveland sewed for him.
First day of 4th grade & Kindergarten.  I never understand why they
insist on wearing the warmest thing in their closet.  It was over 110 degrees
that day!  Heat stroke, anyone???
Teigan was also ready for school!
BEST -- CRACKER -- EVER!!!
Piper found a sure-fire way to get a good back massage.
Happy girl!


We flew to Utah over Labor Day Weekend for my neices' baptism. I take a lot of pictures while we fly because it keeps me busy. Unfortunately, I didn't take hardly any pictures while we were actually IN Utah, because then I was too busy visiting family! Although, we did get our family pictures taken while we were there, so I'll be posting those as soon as we get them!

Teigan fast asleep, waiting to board the plane. =)
Rebekah was helping Jeremy do the pre-flight.
First time being the co-pilot!  She was so excited, and did an excellent
job following direction and lowering the flaps.
Teigan is getting way too big!!!
Scrunchie Face

4 comments:

sweets said...

I hear ye about getting behind. I liked the post. good job on the bike.

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures! Glad that you had a good time this summer. Can't wait to see all of you again!
And I hope that school is not too boring for the girls and Teigan too lonely!

Tina said...

Alright... you have two posts up and I have NONE! So far you are winning the 'summer catch up' race.

Love all the pictures!!! Such cute cute kids!!

Joyce said...

Love the pictures. I can just imagine the fun you had you riding that motorcycle!