Sunday, August 21, 2011

Vulture Mine and Play Time!

Many things have been going on the past week (or month), so I'll start with last Saturday!

We drove west to Wickenburg, AZ to a ghost town called Vulture Mine.  It was very....... ghostly like..... and really, really, really HOT.  Would I expect it to be cold in the middle of the desert, no.  But now I know what it might feel like to die a slow death of heatstroke while stranded in the desert. Gosh, we had a good time!   Really it is always an adventure and always fun, especially with bottles, upon bottles of water. I'm also going to put a disclaimer here on the first picture, we did not allow Rebekah to bring her Nintendo along to play games on, she was using the camera feature on it!

The girls were fascinated with the gold spray painted rocks that marked the walking trail.

Piper, running off on her own, as usual.















And now I'm going to completely jump topics and post pictures of Piper 'playing' with Teigan. Even though you wouldn't be able to tell by the pictures, Teigan really IS having fun. Now that Piper has realized Teigan will no longer get "baby slobber" on her, they have become quite the little buddies.

















3 comments:

Tina said...

Love the post! Not so thrilled about the personal challenge to update my blog.... but I will take it and do my best!

Krista said...

Great Pictures!

Romy said...

The ghost town looks like a really cool place to visit. Glad to see you guys made it back home ok.