Friday, December 11, 2009

I never told you about that one time when.....

So a funny thing happened last Christmas, and because our computer was not working at the time, I never took the chance to tell the story. So I thought this would be a great time to tell you about what our family did on Christmas morning last year.

Because the girls' can not come out of their bedroom and walk to ours without passing through the living room, Jeremy and I decided to sleep on their bedroom floor last Christmas Eve. I didn't want them waking up in the middle of the night and wandering out to find all that Santa had left without me being there! So we decided the best way to keep that from happening was to basically sleep on the floor between them and the door! It was great fun to be in there with them and the girls thought it was great.

I was the first to wake up on Christmas morning and I decided to take a quick trip to the bathroom before waking everyone else. I went into the girls' bathroom and the 3 month old cat followed me. No big deal.

Now this is where I hesitate to put images in your heads.... kinda embarrassing, but....

I finished what I needed to and as I went to flush the toilet, the cat jumped up onto the toilet and FELL IN! ......... before I flushed it.....

The girls and Jeremy awoke last Christmas to me yelling, screaming, whatever I could do for someone to wake up and come help me as I tried my best to restrain the... um... wet cat from running around the whole bathroom and bedroom!

Jeremy was quickly there to help, even though he was half-asleep and confused at what was going on. We were able to shampoo the cat successfully, while the girls stood beside enjoying the show. So I will always remember Christmas of 2008 when, before any of us saw what Santa had brought, we bathed the cat.... as a family! I'm hoping this year for a little less excitement!

3 comments:

sweets said...

lol... poor cat! thats great!

Tina said...

HAHAHA! Love the story! What an exciting Christmas! Though I might rather bath a pee covered cat then pull out the fire extinguisher like WE did last Christmas!!!

Joyce said...

That's hilarius! Although it probably wasn't at the time! LOL!