Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our Halloween Fun

Halloween has never been a favorite holiday of mine, but since the girls are both older and this was the first year that Piper really got excited for it, I really enjoyed the holiday!

The week before Halloween, Rebekah wanted some more Halloween decorations up, so we gathered up some paper plates and glue and got creative with them. It was a silly craft (if I'd even call it a craft....) but we enjoyed doing it and I was impressed that Piper didn't need stitches after using the scissors.

We also did the usual Pumpkins, but Rebekah asked to paint them instead of carve them this year. Although I do want my kids to have the fun of carving a few pumpkins in their life, we went ahead with the paint this year, since the thought of scooping out the seeds makes Jeremy ill, and hurts my skin like nothing else. Painting sounded great!

I helped out with caramel apple dipping and the Halloween party in Rebekah's class on Friday. It was fun as usual, and I was able to dip an apple all for myself. YUM!!! Our ward trunk-or-treat was also on Friday night and I DID dress up this year. I worked really hard and long to make my costume... I went digging through the trash for a long five minutes and almost broke a sweat looking for the packing tape at the back of our 'junk drawer'. And after all that hard work, I never got a good picture of my costume! Most people would look at me with a nervous look, probably wondering to themselves if they should comment or not. Most people that did compliment me on my costume, said that I looked great dressed up as trash, or a garbage pile..... or recyclables. Of course then I would tell them that I was dressed as "white trash"... and the laughter would begin. I was cool! (Thanks to Jeremy's idea)

We played so much on Friday, that by Saturday the girls were very satisfied with staying home and celebrating their mega-haul of candy... and I was happy with every snickers bar that was tossed in my direction (Yeah for children that don't like peanuts in their candy!)

But I still tried to do something to celebrate the actual day. I made a special dinner, which is in the slide show below. When Rebekah got a look at what I had made, and put on her plate for dinner, she told me in a very mature voice "Mom, you aren't scaring me, and it's not disgusting...... it's just........ weird." Leave it to Rebekah to tell me how it is.... I do weird things! Ha ha!!















6 comments:

Krista said...

Way cute. You are so funny. My brother simply put cany in his pockets and threw it at people. When they asked him what he was doing, he told them that he was a parade for Halloween.

sweets said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun.

Nann said...

Looks like everyone has a good time. I love the "white trash". Leave it to you to think of it. And Rebeckah is just growing up to fast. And Princess Piper is a Princess. I miss not having you all up here for the holidays. Love you and Miss you all, Nann

Joyce said...

I love the costumes and the cute pumpkins. The girls are adorable! You're pretty cute too!

Tina said...

The 'weird' dinner turned out GREAT! I am bummed we don't get to see a better picture of your costume though! I can't believe they had the Halloween party outside!! It looked so WARM!!

steph said...

Oh how fun! It truly looks like so much fun! For someone that doesn't really like Halloween.... j/k fantastic pics! Btw, I love your custom! So fun!