Sunday, November 15, 2009

Remember way back when..... that one trip.... long ago...

We stopped in Boston, Massachusetts on Sunday, Sept. 27th. It was rainy and foggy, which really, is how I pictured Boston so I was very happy getting soaked in the rain. However, it made for terrible picture taking. We were on a bus for the tour through town also and water covered bus windows made bad picture taking even worse. =) But... it was a beautiful city and even more beautiful wet.
We took a ferry tour around Boston Harbor also. It was of course cold and wet, and it made me smile!
Because of the bad weather we were not able to see and do as much as I would have liked to, but that just gives me all the more reason to go back!



If you can look past the blurry street sign, and notice part of a circle pattern in the road there... that was the location of the Boston Massacre in 1770.

I absolutely loved Boston's brick buildings, the street lamps, the Dunkin' Donuts on every single corner....

Our very wet tour of Boston Harbor.











The Battle of Bunker Hill Monument


Launched in 1797, the USS Constitution is the oldest commissioned naval vessel afloat in the world.





We went out to the front of the ship that night and enjoyed the view as we left Boston.

More ice cream at odd hours of the day.... er... or night. I love this little face!

4 comments:

steph said...

It sounds like you had such a fun vacation! I too love the rain! It is so wonderful to experience the changes of weather! Boston is an absolutely amazing city! One of my favorites!!!

Tina said...

HAHA! Pipers octopus face would look GREAT next to Amalyssas octopus face! Some day we may finish blogging the end of this trip!

Joyce said...

I love the rainy pictures. I have never been back east, it's fun to see what it looks like.

Krista said...

Way fun. The pictures look great!