Sunday, October 11, 2009

New York, Sept. 24th, 09'

Day one of our trip started out EARLY! 2:45 AM early to be exact. I almost stayed up all night figuring I wouldn't sleep anyway so there was no point in trying, but I did manage to get 2 hours in. We were out the door by 4:00 a.m. to catch our flight to New York City! I realize now how nice it is to fly our own airplane; it waits for us if we are late! =) The girls did well on such little sleep and Piper was so adamant about hauling her own suitcase by herself. The only problem we encountered was when Piper saw what airplane we would be boarding; she got scared and started saying that she wanted "Daddy's airplane". Lucky for her, she has a pretty good big sister who held her hand a lot.



When we arrived in New York we spent an hour sitting in our rental car staring at a map and trying to figure out the best route to our hotel in New Jersey. I was appointed as the navigator since Jeremy didn't have any other option than me.... and between two maps and a GPS system, we managed to get heading in the wrong direction (All Thanks to me, the awesome navigator!) and we headed straight through the middle of Queens, Manhattan and the Bronx during rush hour traffic. Jeremy loves me. =)
After traffic started clearing up a bit and we realized we were closer to New Jersey than we thought we really enjoyed seeing some of the scenery. I didn't get many pictures though as it was getting dark and I was trying to not get us lost............a second time.






After many U-turns, a couple stops for directions, and one cheese pizza, we made it to our destination. There was no problem getting the girls to sleep that night!


1 comment:

Joyce said...

Fun pictures. I await with bated breath for the next installment!