Friday, September 4, 2009

So I was thinkin'..... yes indeed.... I WAS THINKING!!!! Thinkin' that I never did post up pictures from the last week I spent in Idaho over the summer, say... way back in mid-July. But is it ever really too late? I say NO! Let's re-cap those summer memories that I kinda missed.

Went to American Falls Reservoir with my Dad... Rebekah wasted no time jumping in! You would think that the girl never sees water.... like.... she lives in a desert or something.


After 5 years, Alisha and I finally were in the same city at the same time! Woohoo, we finally got to meet! And we had a nice lunch at the park, too!

Had a really fun day visiting the Richardson's! I was able to test my skill at Dance Dance Revolution (my skill needs practice).... and the girls were able to make some new friends!


I finally talked my Mom into driving to Twin Falls with me! (If you ask her, I know she will tell you that Gerties pizza WAS amazing, and I was right all these years!!!) I also got to show her some of my favorite spots:

This spot is my favorite place by far. When you are on this road, you don't even know the waterfall is there unless you look behind you... and you have to climb over a concrete barrier to find the path to it. It is hidden and beautiful! I will restrain myself from putting 35 pictures up of this waterfall, because you can't see the absolute beauty of it from a picture anyway. I'll just post 9 pictures and tell you for the next five years that you really should go visit it!










The I.B. Perrine Bridge and my favorite dock in the canyon. We watched people BASE jump off the bridge for a while, it was fun to see!







My favorite restaurant of all! Gerties!!! Maybe it is the college memories, maybe it is the endless dessert pizzas, maybe it is just the atmosphere, whatever the reason- I will forever make the trek out to Twin, just for pizza at Gerties.... because..... YES!... it is THAT good! =)





We were able to visit the Twin Falls LDS temple grounds while there. This was a first for me, as the temple is a fairly new one.




So there you have it. Just a few pics from my last week in Idaho. And if anyone wants to go to Gerties.... I'll be headed up again next summer, let me know and I'll be happy to drag you up!!! =)

5 comments:

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

I liked reading this part about the waterfall..."and you have to climb over a concrete barrier to find the path..." ha ha nothin like jumping over the thing that is supposed to keep us safe ;)

Marie said...

Hahaha!!! Okay... so I should probably clarify that it is perfectly legal and safe to climb the barrier! =) The barrier is there to keep people safe from going off the road at a hairpin turn. =D

Krista said...

You so have to take us to that waterfall! I loved the pictures. You should have posted everyone.

Tina said...

Love all the pictures Rie. Even if they are a month or 3 late! lol. Next time you SO have to take me with you to twin... and maybe I will take you to Lagoon next time too!

Joyce said...

WHERE is that waterfall! It's fabulous! I want to go see it!