Two different things were brought to my attention regarding the video at the bottom of the post. First, no normal person knows what a "Turn n' Burn" is, and second, according to Tina, it looks much more impressive in real life. A Turn n' Burn (also known as a Yank n' Bank) is where the pilot, instead of doing a regular take-off at a normal rate of climb, will fly low over the entire length of the run-way and pull into a steep climb and turn when reaching the end. It creates a sensation that will put any roller-coaster to shame. And, YES, it is SAFE (as long as your pilot isn't an idiot, which, lucky for me, mine is not.)
I'm throwing two separate over-night camp trips into one post because it just seems like a good idea. Also, I've received complaints from a certain blog viewer that there was a crazy post put up where pictures and current events are lacking.... HA HA HA!!!! SO.... I hope this will cover some of what we've done in the past two weeks.
About the first slide show: Jeremy and I recently celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary, and to commemorate the event, we decided to take the kids out to the woods in hopes that we might take them back to the wild where we got them. It didn't work.
We drove up to Sedona, AZ and stayed at the campground we enjoyed last summer. While we were setting up the tent, some fellow campers came by to make sure we were aware of what came with our campsite. Skunks! There were four skunks that made home under a big tree by our site. Apparently they had been named by the camp hosts and had been known to be extremely friendly. We could hear them all night rustling through the bushes around camp, and Jeremy found them enjoying a snack in the dark. But they didn't seem to be too bothered by us, so we weren't either.
The second slide show: There is an awesome little campground on
the air-field in Payson, AZ that is free to anyone that flies
in. We went up there overnight and absolutely loved it!!! We
agreed that it doesn't get better than sitting by a campfire with
a full moon and stars above, and runway lights on the right! I
know what most will think.... very odd.... but we thought that
waking up to a helicopter flying out was just wonderful!
Jeremy showing off his "Turn n' Burn" manuevering skills.






5 comments:
LOVE all the photos Rie. What a fun family of crazies you have! Now you make me want a plane! haha!
Wow! What fun. You guys are so wild! I love the pics. One of these years, we will have to get the kiddos together!
I'm glad you got to go camping. I bet the kids had a blast!
It sounds like you had a great time camping with your family. One of these times you need to fly over to see us in Texas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azwgp-IdidM&feature=related
Take 6 & Patti Austin
How High the Moon. (scat)
Dare you to fly that high.
Post a Comment