Friday, February 8, 2013

SUPER-POST: 66 Pictures and a Video



Rebekah made my birthday cake again this year!


We celebrated Teigan's 2nd birthday on Oct. 11th



She was very proud of herself for making her tongue match her skirt!


I like the pose she struck for the camera while trying on her Halloween costume.

We went up to Flagstaff in early November to hike a trail in the fall leaves.  Unfortunately, we were three weeks late and just experienced chilly weather amongst the naked trees. Although we still enjoyed ourselves!  =)






Rebekah stringing popcorn for the Christmas tree.


My Mom was kind enough to give us a year membership to the Botanical Gardens here while she visited last summer.  I took this picture while we were on one of the night time flashlight tours a few months ago.  I would love to have a tree like this in my front yard!

At the end of November, Piper got a nebulizer machine for her asthma.
Making the pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.


Teigan was obsessed for days with wearing this Christmas decoration. I'm not sure what her grumpy (and dirty) face was all about, but it is cute. 


Waiting anxiously for the popcorn to come out!

Rebekah and I went to see the butterfly exhibit at the Botanical Garden.  This is my favorite cactus- the "Old Man of the Andies" cactus.

This would be difficult to walk through!
Some of the butterflies we saw at the exhibit.






I had placed my decorative tile on the couch while we put up Christmas decorations. We found Teigan taking a nap next to it, and I thought it was fitting.  I think she must have found much joy in sleep.

Kind of looks like trouble to me! =)

Cutting out gingerbread cookies to put on the tree.

We went to the light parade for the first time last December.  We had to wait and hold our spot for 2 1/2 hours before the parade started!  We enjoyed it, but we all agreed that the temple lights were better and less hassle!   




What can I say about this?!  Piper made friends with the 2 couples sitting behind us.  She talked this kind woman's ear off and was invited to sit with her through the majority of the parade.

We can tell how tired Teigan is by how many of these curly-Q's she has twisted into her hair.  It gets really fun when her finger gets stuck! =P 




We left a bowl of Reindeer food outside of the front door on Christmas Eve.  We woke up on Christmas morning to find that the Reindeer had taken the bowl up to the roof and left it there!!!  Silly Reindeer!


Rebekah sharing the hammock she received for Christmas.

"Sneaking" a few bites off of a gingerbread man.
These decorations cost me an arm and a leg!

Food decorations plus a two year old..... genius idea!
I like having a child that enjoys baking by herself!  I get the treats without the work!  Hee hee!

Mesa Temple lights.

We celebrated  Piper's 7th birthday on January 9th. 





Many people in the area cover their outdoor plants and trees when there is a freeze warning in effect.  Our bedroom window looks out over our neighbors front yard and this is what we saw for a little over a week. =)  I am pretty sure that is red paint.... but... can you see the face that we saw?  The kids where pretty creeped out! LOL. 




Rebekah was having a bad day... so Dad told her to stand in the corner upside down (he reiterated the upside down part) until her frown could turn into a smile.  It worked!  and after a few minutes she had a little friend to join her in her laughter!



Video of Teigan counting:
My many disclaimers-
I'm not sure what I was thinking when I turned the camera sideways to take a video... unfortunately I can not correct it, so you have to watch it as-is.  Also, Blogger and my computer do not agree when it comes to video's, so I had to load it onto YouTube first (as a private video) in order for blogger to play it.  This isn't the best example of her counting, usually she counts up to 12 without missing numbers... but I can't get her to do it for the camera.

1 comment:

Tina said...

The only problem with your mega post is that I can't comment on ALL my favorite photos!!!! CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! I guess that sums it up- I think my favorite bunch are the food decorations... destroyed... The 'cost me and arm and a leg' made me LOL - LOVE THEM ALL!! (Now go leave a comment on my mega blog post!!!!)