Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween

Ward Halloween Party, Oct. 27th

For as much as I gripe about Halloween to Jeremy every year, once I get past the costume part (I hate the idea of spending money on something they will wear only for one night) I really do enjoy the holiday. This year Piper went as a devil... Jeremy was so kind as to ask her why she needed to dress up for that. Rebekah went as a person stuck in a storm where it was raining cats and dogs, and Teigan dressed up as the same thing her older sisters dressed as when they were two... the awesome duck costume!

I don't like this picture, but unfortunately, it is the only one I took. Teigan looks a little disheveled in her duck costume, and Rebekah is not holding her umbrella which was a key part of her costume.  We were late for the ward party and they just wanted to leave...


The very first sucker snatched out of big sisters' pumpkin bucket!  (the first snatch, of many!)


 
 
 

I'm trying to fulfill the request for more pictures of myself on the blog.  My friend dressed up as Sarah Palin.  I wish you could see in these pictures the way she had her hair done up, she pulled off the look well.



SUCKER OVERLOAD!


The trading of the candy...


Candy trading intruder!....


Protect all your candy.... she'll get your suckers!



Banished from candy trading... 


Arizona State Fair Petting Zoo and Trick or Treating, Oct. 31

On Wednesday I went with a couple friends to the free entrance day at the AZ State Fair, we went to see the petting zoo and Teigan was in love..... until one of the goats knocked her over...




This picture will be a favorite for a long, long time!


We were surprised to see a wallaby jumping around amongst the goats, llamas and other animals!


Notice, Holly, the Llama on the right... This was a third attempt at taking the picture because that Llama REALLY wanted to be in our picture!

I thoroughly enjoyed trick or treating this year.  The first house Teigan went to, she took the candy and immediately turned and dropped it in Piper's bucket.... the second house, she ran through the front door, tripping and sliding on her way in.  Luckily these were our two neighbors homes that we know rather well.  By the time we got to the third house, Teigan had a pretty good idea what she was doing and she was no longer giving away her goods, or trespassing.  

We met up on the corner with our good friends and neighbors, and had a good time trick or treating with them.  A few nights before, we had carved pumpkins with them... and I regret that I don't have any pictures!  I am waiting for the pumpkin carving pics to be sent to me and as soon as I have those I will post them...  I also never took a group picture of trick or treating because getting a group of 6 kids to stop for a picture (in the dark) just wasn't going to happen.

 

I put this picture up so you could see Rebekah's cats & dogs umbrella.


YES... I took a picture of this!  Can you see the leaves on the ground?... the ones that actually fell off of the tree!?  Hey, I wasn't the only one over the age of 10 that got excited about the leaves. 


The only sad part of the night.  Jeremy took Teigan home a little over half-way through the night because she decided to grab the soft looking cacti by someones front door.  (the cacti that appear to not have needles are the WORST... when you get a few dozen little stingers in your hand.... OUCH!)

The best thing I was ever taught by Ranger Sunglasses! (only my parents would understand the ranger joke...sorry).  To remove the spines of a cactus from your skin... gently rub Elmer's white glue on the area, let it dry for a few minutes, and slowly peel it off with tweezers.


Horray,  no more cactus splinters!  Don't I look happy?  I was ready for bed!



1 comment:

Tina said...

You are such a good blogger! I love the whole post! The candy snatcher, the llama photo bombing, the goat kissing, and I WANNA SEE A WALLABY!!! Super cute post! I feel inspired to post on MY blog!!! .... na