In my mind, I've updated my blog 4 or 5 times in the past couple weeks... but then I come back to read the amazing posts I've done, and they are not there!
However.... making myself feel better about my inconsistent ability to post is only a click away. I just have to go check my sister's blog to see that the last time she posted was the beginning of December. Suddenly, I feel more accomplished. I have no shame in doing a semi-mega post of the past month.
As far as activities in the Smith household go, I'll start out with the pine wood derby a month ago. Our ward does an annual derby for the 8-12 year old girls. I have seen Jeremy's competetive side before... but I've never seen him get as into it as he did for the pine wood derby! He and Rebekah spent a good amount of time on the car, even going as far to cover it in tin foil. (eh hem... over-acheiver?)
 |
| Piper cheering Rebekah on! |
 |
We should have taken a picture before the races.... it was a little scuffed up.
|
Rebekah placed 3rd, which we were told, for being "first timers" in the ward, was amazing. Apparently the Mom of the 1st place winner is an enginner, and the Dad is a mathmatician.... they have won for the past 4 years. Jeremy and Rebekah have a better idea of what the competetion will be next year, so they already have plans in the works! Next year it'll be 1st place! ;-)
EASTER 2012
 |
Teigan wasted no time plucking the Hershey's kiss off the floor after it
had fallen out of a plastic egg. Notice the silver wrapper in her mouth. |
 |
A couple years ago they discovered how fun it is to watch peeps get big in the microwave.
It is an annual activity now and it always results in side splitting laughter. |
 |
| Grandma Loveland sent some cool shades! |
 |
| So stylish! |
 |
Rebekah is such a helpful big sister!
Rebekah celebrated her 10th birthday this month! She wanted a cupcake stand this year, so I was able to borrow the stand from a friend and Rebekah was thrilled. |
 |
| Once again, I don't know how to rotate this picture. You get the general idea... |
 |
| Everything put together. |
Rebekah asked for a Nintendo points card for her birthday, so Jeremy and I got one and put it in a potato mix box I had used the day before. When Rebekah opened our gift, she honestly thought we had bought her potato packets for her birthday and although she was a little dissapointed, she was polite about it and didn't feel it was important to open the box even when we told her to check what was in it. She continued to open all of her gifts before we told her that she HAD to open the potato box. I took this picture after she learned she was not getting potatoes. Yum.
 |
Piper and Teigan having a "feast".
If you are looking for us.... we are living in the back yard. |
 |
I'm so glad that this fence serves two purposes.
SAFETY.... |
 |
| .....and ENTERTAINMENT!! |
2 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Man your sister is a LOSER!!!!! :) Love the post! The girls dresses are adorable. Oh- and thanks a lot - I now want a pool!
Looks like you are all having a lot of fun as usual! Love you guys!
Post a Comment