Thursday, March 24, 2011

We had a visitor!

 A couple weeks ago my Sister, Anna (if you are confused and we have to be technical, she's my 1/2 sister) ditched her room-mates and came to visit us over her spring break!  We had SO much fun staying up late talking, laughing, and over-doing it on the dairy products. During the day we got in touch with our artistic sides, bonded over the Goodwill clothing racks, played with our food, and learned that Iqaluit is the capitol of Nunavut!

Anna and I bought these fancy sunglasses at Goodwill... they were some expensive brand being sold for cheap because they were made wrong. (some, more wrong than others)  Do you love 'em???

Anna thinks she is part of the Mormon mafia.  I think I look like I am blind with a disorder of some sort.
Late night.  Ice cream.  The true me comes out.
"You look like freaky Scottsdale chicks!  You are scaring me!!!" ~Jeremy



We took the girls to a pottery place and while we were there, decided to be artistic ourselves.  I painted a mug for Anna, and she did one for me.  It was a lot of fun!














Throughout the week we did some experimenting with our food! Someone gave me instructions on how to make "spinach ice cream"... but the recipe seemed like it might be missing a couple things (which we later found out that it was) but we wanted to do it anyway just to see what would turn out, and what turned out was more like spinach milk. It was good in it's own way. I could only take so much of it, Anna downed the whole glass, and later admitted to pouring in more Agave Nectar when I wasn't looking. According to Wikipedia... Anna is probably going to suffer from fructose malabsorption, metabolic syndrome, hypertriglyceridemia, decreased glucose tolerance, hyperinsulinemia, and accelerated uric acid formation. So what did we learn? Spinach milk may not be as healthy as we hoped!






We didn't stop at Spinach Milk either.... we prepared Beef the next day for dinner!


Mmmm.... TASTY! I have wanted to eat beef tongue since college, and when I saw it at the grocery store, I was sure Anna had "eat the tongue of a cow" on her bucket list for her visit to Phoenix!!! So we looked through several recipes before settling on one. We washed it, boiled it with veggies for four hours, took the skin stuff off, and sliced it....




The above picture looks a little gross, yes... but look how YUMMY it turned out!:






Would I do it again???? You bet! And I'll have Pizza Hut on speed dial too!

On Friday we went to a spring training baseball game between the Arizona Diamondbacks and Anaheim Angles.  We got lawn seating, and as the game progressed we were able to move into better seating.  I had to do a few bathroom runs with  Piper & Teigan during the game.... and what do you know, every time I was in that silly restroom, someone would hit a home run and the crowd would go wild screaming and yelling. EVERY TIME.  Things would be quiet and peaceful until I left.  The last time it happened was during the 9th inning and I came out to find people leaving the game!  I am pretty sure the Angels won in the 9th inning because of my awesome bathroom powers..... pretty sure....














This is the best picture we could get!  Obviously the sun was in our eyes.


So that is the week in a nutshell. A lot of fun, food, and not a whole lot of sleep! Fantastic!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. If you are feeling REALLY adventureous I can give you some real gems of recipes for beef tongues, livers, hearts, and for the really really adventurous I can hook you up with Tripe (beef stomach) recipes. Love you guys.
Angela, DurRand, Morgan Moo

Tina said...

in the sunglasses pictures you two look surprisingly like twins to me!! I am a BIT green with jealousy that you two had so much fun with out me!

Nann said...

Is that a BOSTON RED SOCKS shirt on Jeremy at what game? Looks like you had a great week! Love, Nann

Romy said...

How fun! I usually make beef tounge once a month when I feed the elders. It does look pretty nasty but it tastes like roast. We eat it with carrots and potatoes or as taco meat.

sweets said...

Its so fun to have sisters to hang out with.