Is there such a thing as a quarter life crisis maybe? Or perhaps a constant life crisis? What defines a "life crisis" anyhow?
Time is a funny thing, I think we all know. It is funny and it stinks all at the same time! And time really speeds up once you have kids, you know? I've thought about this probably a lot more than I should lately, and you know that I could be a grandma in 12 years??? I remember going to the hardware store once with my Grandpa and he joked about how old he was... he said he was an old man. I joked with him that I didn't consider him old until he was dead. I didn't want my Grandpa worrying about his age! =)
So the water heater went out today and it got me thinking. First, that I really MUST be getting older because the prospect of getting a new water heater got me excited (and we did end up getting a new one). It was like Christmas in March, but not quite the same. And Second, how could 12 years have gone by already? I had to move some storage boxes out to get the new water heater installed, and I started looking through a couple photo albums that I pulled out of a box. I realized that when I was 17 years old I didn't think back to when I was 5 and say 'gee, 12 years has sure flown by!' But now that I'm 29... I can't believe that 17 was 12 years ago. A wonderful 12 years it has been..... but could the next 12 years go a little slower, please???
Could it be that Jeremy was right all this time? When he celebrated his 30th a few years back (doh... there goes your age secret, honey, I just told all of our internet stalkers.) he told me all the aches and pains would start when I turned 30. It used to bug me when people would complain of how "old" they were at the age of 30.... and you know what? Now I feel like complaining!!!
When my sister Tina hit the big 30 (oops, now I'm giving away everyone's age...) I called her the day before her birthday specifically to wish her a "happy last day in her 20's" Am I not the most thoughtful little sister ever? And you know, I just don't think she really appreciated my thoughtful gesture.
I have about 6 months left to enjoy my 20's... I love my life, love my hubby, love my girls, I'm so grateful for what the last 12 years have brought, it would just be nice if it could slow down. So, anywhositz, if anyone tries to call me in September to wish me a happy last day in my twenties, I'm going to be out test driving a Ford Mustang because I could chalk it up to a quarter life crisis. And I will remind myself that 'I'm not old until I'm dead'. I'm going to go fold laundry now while I enjoy my youth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the next 12 years goes even faster. We have been in our NEW house 15 years last month.
I am SOOO calling you on Sep 12th Marie! And you WILL answer because you OWE that to me!! MWAHAHAHA!!!! Maybe I will even have a black bouquet sent to your door! 30 aint so bad.... except it really is when all the aches and pains start... and you really cant claim to be young anymore... of course you arent really old either... does that make us nobodys when we hit 30??
Thirty is definitely young. Very young. And unfortunately Vicky is correct, the next twelve years will go about twice as fast. I know everyone says this, but ENJOY your kids! They are very temporary. (Being kids that is.) Enjoy your youth! LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment