Also, if you pick him up, he will NOT sit in your arms! He will immediately hop up onto your shoulders and wrap himself around your neck. He will hang out like that for as long as you will tolerate it. It usually makes getting anything done very difficult since he is putting on a few pounds with all that Meow Mix he chows down.
And finally, he has some weird issues with the refrigerator. Generally, if the fridge door gets opened he is RIGHT THERE to see whatever he can see. He gets especially excited when the freezer gets opened, in which I ALWAYS have to watch my back, because he will scale (using his sharp little claws) up your back to get to the freezer. Yes, it hurts very badly.
I am just concerned that one of these mornings, due to the lack of oxygen in a closed fridge, I am going to wake up to a, well..... dead cat in my fridge! A couple months ago, Oreo jumped in the fridge and was completely forgotten about for two hours (oops!). After that we have been very careful about checking the fridge and stuff like that. But my real concern came yesterday morning. Piper had gotten up sometime in the night to get a drink out of the fridge, I am sure she was so tired that she didn't notice Oreo climbing into the back of the fridge (he is very quick, sneaky, and hard to see when he sits at the back). When I got up at 6:30 a.m., I opened the fridge and Oreo eagerly jumped out! To say I was surprised is an understatement. He loves to get in the bottom, so we try to keep that part of the fridge relatively full, but it isn't at the top of my priority list to re-arrange my fridge every other day, just to ensure there is no place for the cat to camp out.
Well, anyway, now you all know that there is a furry and probably dirty animal in my fridge with my food. Doesn't that make you feel better about the cleanliness of your own fridge? It makes the moldy leftovers in the back corner seem...... not so gross. And on a side note, we do usually have more food in the fridge than in this picture. We had just cleaned out the fridge and had a big shopping trip planned for the next day. We are not starving and destitute as the picture may suggest, isn't that great?!








2 comments:
Hmm, thought I already left a comment here. Hope you find a way to keep kittie out of the fridge. I'd hate to have you find him frozen in there!!!
Yes...Well...my "science experiments" don't talk to me. ...but they also thrive well in the fridge. Oreo is a unique personality. Mommers
Post a Comment