Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finding the Perfect Rock

Recently, Rebekah was given a school assignment involving rocks!   Her class went rock hunting and when they found the perfect pet rock, they took it back to class and did experiments and such with them.  Of course there are always some guidelines to follow while finding that perfect rock pet, so if you are wanting to find your own, here is what you need to know before you venture out!:

Some rules to remember for rock hunting:

1. Can go anywhere to find a rock.

2. Go rock hunting when it is quiet.

3. Look a rock right in the eye.

4. Don't get a rock that is to big.  It has to fit in hand and pocket.

5. Look for the perfect color.

6. Always sniff a rock.

7. DON'T ask anybody to help.

8. Tell someone where you are going.

9. Bring a buddy.





And of course, you will need to give your pet rock a bath to clean off all that dirt!  "Rockah" and "Flattey" sure loved our deep soaking tub.... er..... I mean sink.

Happy Rock Hunting!

1 comment:

kieran said...

love those suggestions. I am a rock collector myself and it has never occured to me to sniff the rocks I have selected. Maybe next time I will, and I'll be sure to bring a buddy!)