Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A New School Year

Another school year has begun! I always complain about school starting in the middle of Augustsw, but it seems that when it comes around, we are all ready for it!

Rebekah is in 5th grade this year and is excited about her new schedule. She has a homeroom teacher and then rotates to 4 other teachers and classrooms throughout the day... ack... makes her seem all grown up! She also is starting band this year and has chosen to play the alto saxophone- we are really looking forward to her first band concert this winter!

Piper is in 1st grade this year and gets to start doing more activities like art, music, and P.E.-  Over this past week, I have really enjoyed watching her practice a little more independence and responsibility.  She is getting so big, just like her older sister!


I packed part of their lunches the night before and had them sitting out on the counter.  Jeremy made sure to leave a little funny note before heading out for work that day.  He wrote on each cookie bag: "Please don't eat just the cookie!".... looking back on past cookie eating observations, Jeremy had good reason to give them a reminder note.  I don't know if they took his request to heart or not, but we all got a good giggle out of it!

Teigan was in un-interupted nap time bliss while Rebekah and Piper where at school!  You know, it is hard to get a good nap during the summer time!!!


2 comments:

Tina said...

I think Teigan enjoyed the first day more than anybody else!!lol

Joyce said...

Fun to see how big they're getting! Hope they have a great year.