Monday, November 14, 2011

Halloween

Every year I try SOOOO hard to like Halloween, and it has been easier to enjoy it with kids (especially cause' I can snitch Snicker bars and dark chocolate candies out of their un-guarded pumpkins)  er..... I mean.... because my kids so generously share with me... that is what I meant!

Anyway, I made it through another Halloween with minor grumblings and a smile.  I've concluded that the biggest reason that I don't enjoy this holiday is the fact that I have to spend money on something my children will likely only wear once in their life. (I know, I'm a kill-joy, huh?)   As we have collected more costumes and accessories over the past few years though, I am starting to reap the happiness that hand-me-downs bring.  Piper kept changing her mind from day to day of what she wanted to be for Halloween.  For a while, she wanted to be a hamster... then that changed to a Russian ninja cat, and then to a cheerleader.  She would never make up her mind, and finally the day before our Halloween party she pulled out the black cat costume from the costume box and declared that she had found the perfect costume.  She was thrilled, and so was I. 

Rebekah dressed up as a Rock-star which was pretty easy because we already had most of the stuff for it, and Teigan dressed (or more fittingly, was forced) to wear a cute little skunk costume that I've had in the costume box since Piper wore it 5 years ago.  

I thought this was pretty ingenious.


Rebekah frantically scooped her candy off the floor as Teigan came charging for it!  =)
Rebekah did not scoop fast enough!