Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween TO ME!!!

In the name of Halloween this year, and all things candy related,  I did a little something different today!  Sure, the thought of caramel apples crossed my mind, but then I found this GREAT idea online!

 First, I heated some veggie oil to 375 degrees.....

Then, I pulled out the candy bars that had been sitting in the freezer for a few hours....


Coated them with flour......


AND BATTER!!!!......


And..... YES..... I FRIED them!!!

And why does the blogging program insist on uploading this beautiful frying picture sideways????

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ME!!!!:


And if I am being honest, these were SO rich!!!  Next year, I will probably stick with caramel apples to avoid a stomach ache!!! =)

Oh, and for anyone that secretly wants this recipe (because you know you do!)  here it is:
http://candy.about.com/od/otherchocolaterecipes/ss/friedcandybars.htm

Just a tip:  Butterfingers do not fry well and Whatchamacallit & Reese's large PB cups are pretty good!

Fine print:
 The previous activity was in no way supported by Jeremy, who stated the opinion that frying candy bars was an "abomination" and who showed no sympathy for my stomach ache afterwards.  (party pooper)    Frying candy bars should not be attempted by anyone with low tolerance to a complete sugar overload.  Fry at your own risk, don't blame me for your stomach aches.


1 comment:

Tina said...

I think I am with Jeremy on this one! Great post though! lol